[AccessD] Record security

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Sun Apr 2 09:04:08 CDT 2006

I built a full on user/groups table pair and class system to pull the info
when the database loads.  I have a login form that opens and which the user
has to successfully fill out before the FE will open, from which I capture
the UserID.

Having that I then have a function similar to

	UserInGroup(UserID, GroupID)

I can then make "rules" in the FE that says specific groups (or users) can
edit / see / use specific things, whether that be forms, controls on forms,
properties of controls / forms etc.

So for example, I when it loads, I can have a form check whether a user is
allowed to view the data at all, or whether the group that the user belongs
to can edit the data etc.

Having a full blown system like this built into my framework makes all kinds
of checks dead simple.