[AccessD] MS Access 2003 -- keeps crashing on import

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 5 12:45:17 CDT 2006

It looks like you are running Office 2003 basic no SP's
WinXP SP2 installs a update to MDAC 2.8
Also check if running latest Jet SP 8

Try installing Office 2003 SP1
NOTE the SP2 removes ability to do automatic updating of linked Excel files
due to a patent restriction, so you may not want to install that version.

How to check the version of Office 2003 products
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821549

Office 2003 Service Pack 1 download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9C51D3A6-7CB1-4F61-837E-5F938254FC47&displaylang=en

Office 2003 SP1 fixes this which maybe your problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837003/
" When you use the Import Spreadsheet Wizard in Microsoft Access or the
Import Text Wizard in Microsoft Access to import a Microsoft Excel file
or a text file, you can modify the field information for only the first
field that is on the fourth page of the Import Spreadsheet Wizard or the
Import Text Wizard.ReasonThe problem is related to both the Import
Spreadsheet Wizard and the Import Text Wizard.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.