[AccessD] Devoloping with A2K3 for an A2K environment

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 5 14:00:55 CDT 2006

  dim outobj as Object
  Set outobj = CreateObject("outlook.application")
or
 try specifying actual object version in your Get/CreateObject calls

Set outobj = CreateObject
("Outlook.Application.9") 'For Outlook 2000
Set outobj = CreateObject
("Outlook.Application.11") 'For Outlook 2003

'you might want to use this type of code
'to check if outlook already running
and whether you close it.
Dim objOl as object
On Error Resume Next
blnOlRunning = True
Set objOl = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
   If Err <> 0 Then 'Not running
      Set objOl = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
      blnOlRunning = True
      Err.Clear
   End If
On Error GoTo 0