[AccessD] OFF TOPIC Has anyone had any experience with PPML

Tom Keatley tom.p at piedpiper.com.au
Thu Apr 6 03:04:36 CDT 2006

Hi  all....

Have any of you had any experience with using PPML which is.....

"PPML, personalized print markup language, is a widely supported, XML-based
industry standard print language developed by PODi. PPML is an open,
interoperable, device-independent standard that enables the widespread use
of personalized print applications in high volumes."

As many of you may know I have been developing and using a database
application for many years now based in Access that could take advantage of
the above language..... There is however a flaw in my plan..... I know
nothing about PPML.

My application has always used the standard Access reports to produce
printer output but I am reaching the limit of quality and efficiency with
this method and need to change.

It occurs to me that I could actually store XML templates for my print files
in an Access memo field and simply export them as required. The practice may
however may be different.

TIA

Tom Keatley