[AccessD] Credit Card Number..Scientific format

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 6 17:01:20 CDT 2006

Thumbscrews on the Informix DBA. A CC number is a string of digits not a
mathematical entity.

As soon as you move into a double it will truncate and round.
and a double can only have 15 significant digits due to the fixed size
of  the mantissa and exponent.
If you can find out the data type on the Informix side that might help,
maybe you can force into a Currency
datatype that allows 19 significant digits or even a Decimal datatype
declared as a Variant subtype.
If not read into a 4 byte text string and do a lot of bit twiddling.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.