[AccessD] FW: [dba-OT] reader question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Apr 8 19:36:09 CDT 2006

On 8 Apr 2006 at 17:32, Susan Harkins wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to add/change the default Access icons for toolbar
> buttons? I would love to use something besides the old standby
> glasses/running man/arrow icons. I haven't been able to locate the resource
> file to try and replace them and haven't been able to come up with an easier
> solution.

It's actually quite easy:

1. Right click on the toolbar.
2. Select "Customize"
3. Right click on an Icon and you hvae three options:
a. Select "Edit Button Image" and if you are a good enough icon artist, you
can make it anything you want.
b. Select "Change Button Image" and select one of the predefined  images
c.  Get a suitable image into you clipboard and select "Paste Button Image"

You can always undo any changes to toolbar icons with Reset Button Image

To get a suitable image into your clipboard:
If you have a collection of  icon files,  browse them with Irfanview and
when you find the one you want, select Edit-Copy (Ctrl C).

If you want to rip an icon from another program, use ResThief to extract
the images to separate icon files then browse them with Irfanview.

ResThief
http://users.pandora.be/liontech/Downloads.htm (bottom of the page)

Irfanview
http://www.irfanview.com