[AccessD] No display adapter

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Tue Apr 11 07:01:29 CDT 2006

Nope.  I can't get at the display adapter, even in safe mode, because there
is no display adapter.

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Scott Marcus
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:16 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] No display adapter

John,

Did "safe mode" work?

Scott Marcus
Computer Programmer
TSS Technologies Inc.
www.tss.com
513-772-7000 x1113

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Colby
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 5:43 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'

I actually found the driver disk from the manufacturer.  When I try to run
it, it says something about setting the adapter to VGA mode.
Unfortunately
there is nothing available to change.

Normally you go to My Computer / properties / Hardware / device manager.
It
will then display a list of hardware on the computer.  The Display Adapter
is one of many things.  Even if it is wrong, the "display adapter" will be
there, and when you expand it there will be an exclamation mark or something
saying that you have the wrong driver.

In my case, the entire adapter is missing, just NOT there.  Which means
there is nothing to select to update the driver for.

I have never run into this before.