[AccessD] Trimmean Function in Excel - How to in Access

Tue Apr 11 10:18:04 CDT 2006

Makes sense. If you want to do this with queries then I'd suggest using much
the same approach. The difference would be that you need a code loop to
modify the first query so that it selects just the nth subset of those 52
subsets (weekly data?) of the whole data set and then run the second query
on it, which will give you 80% of the subset. Repeat for each subset. The
only other thing to do would be to make the seconds query an append query so
you can accumulate your results in a temporary table.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Julie
Reardon-Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:07 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Trimmean Function in Excel - How to in Access

okay.  Not to comlicate this further, but I'm really looking for 80% of the
data for each subset within a recordset.  The query that you describe works
great on all of the data in the database, but what I really need is to
divide the data into subsets(there are 52 of them) and then take 80% of the
data for subset1, subset2, subset3, subset4, subset5, etc.

Does that make sense?

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
44 Public Square Suite #5