[AccessD] Trimmean Function in Excel - How to in Access

Tue Apr 11 11:00:52 CDT 2006

No that should not be happening. Here's some sample SQL

SELECT TOP [90 ] PERCENT num FROM SomeTable ORDER BY num;

This take the table "SomeTable", sorts it by the numeric field "num" and
returns the top 90%. No calculations are preformed on the data in the table.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Julie
Reardon-Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:39 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Trimmean Function in Excel - How to in Access

Just one more question, Lambert.  It looks as though the data values are
being reduced by the percentage that I use in the "top values" box.

What I want is to take the top 10% of the data in the subset and the bottom
10% of the data in the subset and throw it away.  That is what the trimmean
funciton does in Excel.  It allows you to exclude a percentage of data so
that it doesn't skew your results.

I'm not sure that what you are describing is doing this.  It looks like it
is recalculaing the values in my recordset by the percentage that I place in

the "top Values" box at the top of the qbe grid.

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
44 Public Square Suite #5
Watertown, NY 13601