[AccessD] No display adapter

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Tue Apr 11 13:31:36 CDT 2006

I can reinstall from scratch, however I like to save my old hard drive,
simply because there is always something that didn't get saved and whatever
it is, it is the most critical thing on your hard disk.  Thus it is nice to
be able to xcopy or otherwise "ghost" the entire hard disk out or... Just
use a new hard drive.

Doing a clean windows install is NOT a trivial task.  I have encryption
software (drivers) for mounting encrypted drives, mapped to specific drive
locations, Office 2k, XP and 2003, SQL Server, Norton AV (which I JUST
purchased), and all the millions of other things that get installed along
the way over a three year period.

This is my dev machine and it will take me several days to get back to work,
in fact I may be forced to move all my work over to a desktop machine while
I do this.

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Bartow
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:34 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] No display adapter

But John, if you get a new hard drive then you will have to do all that PITA
stuff also - right?

I don't understand the new hard drive aspect - or did I miss something?

You could just as well reinstall XP from scratch on the old harddrive rather
than using the repair option.

I'm sorry I can't remember exactly what I did to resolve the issue I had
with the video driver problem. It sounds like it was exactly what your
dealing with. It could have even been on a laptop. I know the solution
wasn't anything so drastic but I didn't document it :o(

If you can wait, I'll bet it comes to me at 3:00AM tomorrow morning!