[AccessD] No display adapter

Jurgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:55:45 CDT 2006

I've had two laptops where I've attempted to uninstall Norton (02 and 03).
Neither ever booted an OS successfully again.  I bought two new drives and
enclosures for both old laptop drives.  Putting the drives in the enclosure
allowed me to pull off all the files I wanted.  Ultimately I burned
everything to DVDs before formatting the old drives and use them for
photo/movie storage.

I'm not sure if the NAV versions I was using had the rootkit garbage that
Norton was caught using, but unfortunately the two machines were purchased
with a factory install of that software.  The next time I purchase a
machine, a condition of the purchase will be that no part of Norton was ever
installed.

Drivers are why Windows is considered Plug & PRAY.  I liked being able to
set a couple of jumpers to set IRQs and interrupts.  I used to have a
nightmare with modems after operating systems went plug and play.

I suppose the Command window is 640*480 resolution?  You could try some
multiboot/partition software to give the bare setup another chance without
nuking the system entirely.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta