[AccessD] Access problem with tables

Kim Wiggins kimjwiggins at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 07:34:31 CDT 2006

I apologize, the code was really so simple, I was embarrassed to post it.  I am new to this so I am learning. But here it is:

  Set oConn = New ADODB.Connection
  oConn.Open frmSplash.sConn

  Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

  rs.Open "tblAircraftWO", oConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
  rs.AddNew

  rs("work_order_no").Value = IIf(txtWorkOrderNo = "", vbNullString, txtWorkOrderNo.Text)

..assignments for all the other entries for this table

  Set rs1 = New ADODB.Recordset

  rs1.Open "tblAircraftPartsReplaced", oConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
  rs1.AddNew

  rs1("work_order_no").Value = IIf(txtWorkOrderNo = "", vbNullString, txtWorkOrderNo.Text)

..assignments for all the other entries for this table

  Set rs2 = New ADODB.Recordset

  rs2.Open "tblAircraftPartsReplaced", oConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
  rs2.AddNew

  rs2("work_order_no").Value = IIf(txtWorkOrderNo = "", vbNullString, txtWorkOrderNo.Text)

..assignments for all the other entries for this table

  rs.Update
  rs.Close

  rs1.Update
  rs1.Close

  rs2.Update
  rs2.Close

  Set rs = Nothing
  Set rs1 = Nothing
  Set rs2 = Nothing

  oConn.Close

  That's it.  This works but the only problem is that because it is saving to many tables some of the times the entries are created correctly and other times it misses entries from 2 of the columns that must be there in all three tables.
  Thanks

Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg> wrote:
  On 11 Apr 2006 at 19:09, Kim Wiggins wrote:

> I have three Access tables that update using VB code. When I click
> the Save button, they all save at the same time. All three tables
> (table A, B and C) each have 2 columns (columns 1 and 2) that are
> identical. When it saves, it is adding a new record to columns 1
> and 2 in all three tables. The problem is, sometimes it saves to
> all three of the tables just fine and other times it may just save
> to 2 or 1 of them instead of all three. What would cause it to do
> that? What would cause such inconsistency to occur when it is using
> the same code every time? Thanks Kim Wiggins

We really need more information.
How about posting the code in the OnClick event for the Save button.