[AccessD] No display adapter

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Apr 12 09:40:14 CDT 2006

Ahh! - I think you hit it on the head here Bryan.

As I mentioned earlier, I had this happen to me within the last few weeks
and I couldn't recall how I recovered from it but I do believe this is it.

The key is that you have to reinstall the drivers for the _motherboard_ and
reboot. Then the "video adapter" will be recognized and the "VgaSave
service" will reliquish control.

I would add that you should just use the original drivers and when all is
well you can tinker with updating them (gives you something to "roll back"
to in case of problems.) They worked in the first place so there is no
reason to replace them unless you'd had problems with them or they offer
some benefit to your situation.