[AccessD] There isn't enough memory to perform this operation.

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Sat Apr 15 16:40:54 CDT 2006

Hi Marty,

I have already attempted the export and import to/from text file.  I was not
aware of the print to SQL functionality of DAO.  I tried this and it gave me
the SQL of the query which is very cool.  I am putting this in my list of
tools.  I tried copying the SQL from the debug window and pasting into a new
query.  Still get the out of memory message.  I will play with the SQL to
see if I can find what is causing the problem.

The problem database does some very involved statistical calculations with
many queries and a lot of code.  The problem is that no naming convention
was used and field and object name structure is bazaar.  There are quotes,
spaces, parens, etc in the names.  This may be the source of the problem.
As I go through the project I have been updating naming, but in many cases
where the existing name doesn't contain any unusual characters or spaces I
am leaving as is.  Each change, using Speed Ferret, takes significant time,
so to change the name of several thousand objects is not feasible.

Thanks again.

Doug