[AccessD] Memory leak

Ken Ismert KIsmert at TexasSystems.com
Wed Apr 19 12:41:17 CDT 2006

Marty, Micheal:

> Leaks may depend on the version of MDAC being run ...

I think so too... Micheal's PHP snippet works almost exactly the same as
my second leak example -- only my code (A2K, ADO 2.8) doesn't leak
anywhere near as fast as 86K an iteration (maybe 86K over a thousand
iterations). Seems like a version issue.

However, the Access CurrentProject.Connection issue John observed does
leak at around 86K per iteration, regardless of the version of ADO
referenced. Perhaps Access is using outdated ADO code internally to
generate its Connection objects.

-Ken