[AccessD] VB.net reference books - experiences + SQL Server List

Long, Karen S. cyx5 at cdc.gov
Thu Apr 20 05:54:55 CDT 2006

Kath - I have been converting an existing database to visualstudio 2005.
The application has so many features, it makes your head spin.  I have
code for the combo box at home - better yet, the check box controls, the
control for masking input for a field, etc.  I will send you the links
that have been extremely useful, and.... the location of the snippets
are all hidden in VS (the normal coding, for controlling actions of
buttons, etc).  If you would like my home email, email me off line.  I
can send you the sites I find and use as some users start to trickle in
to our new world.

I just learned the painful lesson of coding an input mask box (took
three hours, yes...) only to find the code is already in the product.
One book that has been a huge help, is named "Mastering Visual Basic
2005" Sybex, ISBN 0-7821-4349-0.  Once I got this book, I was
jumpstarted.  Presently I am developing windows applications that I
deploy via the web.  Many of the user-pretty controls are not yet
available for web applications.  But.. I am using ADO for everything as
the next version of ADO claims to be working towards new features to
enhance web data problems, eliminating the triple state and it will
provide the ability to use the great features on windows forms.

Karen S. Long
Programmer Analyst
EG&G Technical Services, Inc.
Pittsburgh, PA