[AccessD] Tracking Question

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Apr 26 13:37:42 CDT 2006

Hi Tom

No, you are right. But it could give you some ideas how to build your own Access system.
I haven't heard of a general tool for Access, most are custom built.
If you search our list for "state machine" and "workflow" you may find some old threads.

/gustav

>>> ewaldt at gdls.com 26-04-2006 20:16:24 >>>
Gustav, thanks, but I'm looking for something specific to Access, or at
least an RDBMS. I looked through this and it looks like it's a separate
app. Am I misunderstanding it?

Thanks,

Tom

------------------------------------

Hi Tom

Recently I joined a presentation on WinFX Windows Workflow Foundation:

http://www.windowsworkflow.net

Quite impressive and perhaps overkill for your need, but lots of papers and
info at this site.

/gustav

>>> ewaldt at gdls.com 26-04-2006 18:23:29 >>>
Is there a favored way of tracking progress in changes? I'm speaking of a
database where records go through an approval/disapproval process at many
levels, so it needs to be kept track of. I'm looking for suggestions.

TIA,

Thomas F. Ewald