[AccessD] Calling Parameter Function From Menu Bar On Action Command

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu Apr 27 09:41:29 CDT 2006

Jim,
Thanks for email, I managed to suss out something similar but will keep the code for future reference.
Thanks again.
Paul Hartland

Message Received: Apr 27 2006, 03:36 PM
From: "Jim DeMarco"
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Calling Parameter Function From Menu Bar On Action Command

Paul,

Menu bar objects can take 1 parameter if that's what you need. I pulled
this code from a demo of a class-based menu creation tool I wrote.
Hopefully this snip is enough to get you going.

Private m_cbrctlMenuItem As CommandBarControl 'module level variable

Public Function AddMenuItem(WhichMenu As CommandBarControl, ItemCaption
As String, _
DoOnClick As String, Optional NewGroup
As Boolean = False, _
Optional Parm As String) As Boolean
Set m_cbrctlMenuItem =
WhichMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
With m_cbrctlMenuItem
.Caption = "your text here"
.Style = msoButtonCaption
.OnAction = DoOnClick