[AccessD] [Fwd: Re: Date Field]

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 20:40:11 CDT 2006

Hi Rocky,

If the Unix Epoch date represents a number of seconds from a magic
point in time, how about if if you did a dateadd function with the
field containing the number of seconds to added the magic date with
the result being the date in date format from where you can store it
or do further fun stuff with it.. It would be something like

OutputDateField = DateAdd("s", lngUnixEpochDateInput, "1/1/1970")

Dateadd is described here...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbenlr98/html/vafctdateadd.asp

That is what I would probably do anyway.

GK