[AccessD] Bit OT - Excel Q on Conditional Formatting

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Fri Apr 28 08:39:15 CDT 2006

I've set Conditional Formatting for an entire range.
The key is to choose a cell/row where you can set the parameters.
For example:  to apply CF to range B2:H20
Open a blank Worksheet
Highlight B2 through H20
Start with B2 and go towards H20
Open CF
Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
In the formula type in =$A2=1
Then format by choosing a color for the cell
Click Add
Follow the above and choose a different color
Do it again for a third row color.
Close CF.

Test it.
By putting 1, 2, or 3 in column A the rows will change.

Any formula will work as long as the results are true/false.

HTH

Jim
jhewson at karta.com