[AccessD] $ Aligment in Combo Boxes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Aug 1 03:37:40 CDT 2006

Hi Julie

It's not a bug. It is just that numbers are converted to strings as a combo only understands strings. A limitation you may call it.

A simple work-around is to format your numbers to strings and use a font that displays any digit with the same width like MS Sans Serif. This font displays dot and comma at half the width of a digit, and the width of a digit equals two spaces. Now, decide for a maximum number to display, say 1 mio., and count the spaces this will fill with your chosen format. For the number to be displayed, count the digits, commas and dots and calculate how much it fills and deduct that from your maximum length. Convert that to spaces - use Space(n) - and prefix your formatted number string with this string of spaces to create a pseudo right align view. Use the full string as the entry in your combo.

/gustav

>>> prosoft6 at hotmail.com 31-07-2006 22:21:04 >>>
This is driving me crazy..............my first item in a two column combo
box is formatted in currency and the second is simply text.

The currency will not right align!   I have googled the topic and find many
other questions about this problem with no answers that are simple and
quick.  Do I reall have to write a module to correct this?

Sounds like a microsoft bug to me!

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
44 Public Square Suite #5