[AccessD] Broken Reference

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 09:59:32 CDT 2006

Dear List:

I have a client who prints bar coded labels through an application
called Bartender (cute, huh?).  I wrote a production management system
for them which contains all the information in the db that they are
inputting manually into Bartender.  So the client asked me to add a
function to the app to run Bartender from the production system and that
is working great.

To do this I downloaded and installed the trial version of Bartender and
so was able to set a reference to it in the VBA code so I could run
Bartender from the client's app (stuff like Public BtApp As
BarTender.Application and Public BtFormat As BarTender.Format and Set
BtApp = CreateObject("BarTender.Application")).

Problem is that the app won't run on any machine which doesn't have
Bartender loaded - it gets a broken reference error when the app opens.

So I'm wondering how to handle this.  Perhaps I unset the reference in
the Tools-->References and set it when the bar code form opens?  Or is
there a way to trap and get around this error when the app loads?

What's the best way to handle this?

MTIA,

Rocky

--