[AccessD] Edit Large text file via VBA

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Aug 4 13:10:33 CDT 2006

Dim f as long
Dim strTemp as string
F=freefile
Open "C:\PathToFile\FileName.txt" for binary access read as f
Strtemp=space(lof(f))
Get f,,strtemp
Close f
Strtemp=replace(strtemp,"WhateverCharactersYouWantToReplace","")
F=freefile
Open "C:\NewFile.txt" for binary access write as f
Put f,,strtemp
Close f

If you just want to replace the original file, I recommend using the kill
statement to delete the old file, then change the path of the last 'open'
statement to rewrite it.  If you 'write' a file that is smaller then the one
you are writing over, you'll get the remainder at the end.

Drew