[AccessD] Trigger code every day

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 10 18:44:37 CDT 2006

The app creates the files.  The app is actually my E-Z-MRP system and
the third party is a company called Healex which makes a product called
Nocturne.  On a regular basis, in this case daily, the client exports
files (from whatever manufacturing management system they're using, in
this case mine) containing their parts, inventory, purchase orders,
unmet demands, transactions, supplier info, etc. and the Nocturne
program picks the data off of their server and passes it out to the
suppliers who get daily updates on what their customer needs in the way
of raw materials. It's a supply chain management thing.

And generally it's used by really big companies.  This outfit in
Shanghai is real small - small enough for E-Z-MRP, but their only
customer is Phillips - who uses Nocturne themselves.  So Phillips
insisted that this little company, a captive supplier, use Nocturne as
well.

So I wrote a routine inside E-Z-MRP to create these csv files for
Nocturne and they could trigger the export whenever they wanted.  But of
course, once they saw how it worked, next thing they wanted was for it
to be automated to run every day so they wouldn't have to remember to do it.

So there's more than you probably wanted to know.

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software