[AccessD] Change ODBC timeout default query property

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 11:06:48 CDT 2006

I am currently using Oracle ODBC driver 9.02.00.54  Yep. unclicking
the "Enable Query Timeout" box does the trick for me and my users.
That is the only option we change from default when setting up the
ODBC data source. We use System DSN's for all ODBC definitions. I
wonder if your Oracle Database login has a defaulting timeout level
that is biting you..

I have also used the Microsoft ODBC driver with good results. The only
issue there was that if the Oracle Database login password was expired
the Microsoft ODBC driver didn't prompt for entering a new password as
the Oracle one did. that may have changed with a newer Microsoft
driver though. We used to use a generic login and password for
everyone's Access ODBC into Oracle stuff, but because of
Sarbains/Oxley we were required to change to individual user logins
that had expiring passwords. So that was when the Microsoft ODBC
driver not prompting for new password became more of an issue.