[AccessD] Change ODBC timeout default query property

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Aug 22 11:37:28 CDT 2006

Hi Patricia

It should be this Registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\ODBC]
"TraceODBCAPI"=dword:00000000
"DisableAsync"=dword:00000001
"TraceSQLMode"=dword:00000000
"QueryTimeout"=dword:0000003c
"LoginTimeout"=dword:00000014
"ConnectionTimeout"=dword:00000258
"TryJetAuth"=dword:00000001
"FatBlastRows"=dword:ffffffff
"FatBlastTimeout"=dword:00000003
"AsyncRetryInterval"=dword:000001f4
"AttachCaseSensitive"=dword:00000000
"FastRequery"=dword:00000000
"ODBCISAMAttach"=dword:00000000
"PreparedInsert"=dword:00000000
"PreparedUpdate"=dword:00000000
"SnapshotOnly"=dword:00000000
"AttachableObjects"="'TABLE','VIEW','SYSTEM TABLE','ALIAS','SYNONYM'"

Change QueryTimeout from 3c (60) to 258 (600) or 1770 (6000) or another value of your choice.
However, I just tried and it doesn't work for me with Access 2003 - maybe a reboot is needed.

/gustav

>>> Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us 22-08-2006 17:52:36 >>>
Thanks Gustav
But the problem is two fold. It is not for just existing queries but for
when they are making new queries. Forget to update the query property
and a special message pops up.   I know immediately I forgot when I get
the message and reset. Others don't understand the message and I usually
have to remind them.

I need a way to change this without having users run something special.

* Patricia O'Connor
* Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
* OTDA - BDMA
* (W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
* (w) mailto:aa1160 at nysemail.state.ny.us

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.