[AccessD] Change ODBC timeout default query property

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 22 15:20:34 CDT 2006

Here are some other set able timeouts, whether they override the registry
settings I don't know. Depends if you are using DAO or ADO.
You might want to check the Oracle Client .ora file too.

Sub querytest()
Dim dbs As Database

Set dbs = CurrentDb
Debug.Print dbs.QueryTimeout 'default 60 secs
   dbs.QueryTimeout = 600
Debug.Print dbs.QueryTimeout 'default now 600 secs

Debug.Print CurrentProject.Connection.CommandTimeout '30 seconds
' commandtimeout similar to querytimeout
'this is ADODB.Command.CommandTimeout for entire project
Debug.Print CurrentProject.Connection.ConnectionTimeout '15 seconds

Dim LoggedOnQry As QueryDef
  Set LoggedOnQry = dbs.QueryDefs("query1")
Debug.Print LoggedOnQry.ODBCTimeout 'default 60 idle timeout?

Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection
   conn.Open "Driver={SQL
Server};Server=MARTIN;Database=pubs;Trusted_Connection=yes"
Debug.Print conn.CommandTimeout
Debug.Print conn.ConnectionTimeout
  conn.Close
Debug.Print "close"