[AccessD] Separate mdb for housing temp tables

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Aug 24 07:32:53 CDT 2006

Hi Borge,

I also use many temp tables, and I do keep them in the front end.  To keep
the database small, I set the FE to auto-compact on close.  So, there is no
separate code to make this happen.

A regular repair/compact of the FE is a good thing to do anyway.  The FE
does have system tables which also grow as the database is used, so they can
be kept to a minimum size.  And, although I don't actually know what the
repair functionality accomplishes, I like the concept of fixing things
quickly.

If you still need to keep a separate db to keep temp tables and you want to
compact it regularly, reply back and I'll post the code I use to
auto-compact the BE on the server.

HTH!

Dan