[AccessD] Data-driven option buttons

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Thu Aug 31 12:28:49 CDT 2006

Thanks for the input, Susan; always much appreciated.

I don't see the need for a sub-form, yet. My assumption would be that you select a questionnaire first (or a QID is passed in, whatever), and that the form will display only the questions in said questionnaire. So far I've only spent about .5 hours on it, but the concept and approach look rock-solid to me. There will be a table in which I record the answers to the questions asked, with appropriate FKs to Questionnaires and Respondents, but so far it appears that this structure will allow me to ask every query the client could possibly want. A simple join from RespondentAnswers to Questions will give me the answers' text, and so on.

In the interests of completeness, I should point out that I sidestepped the situation in which open-ended text is permitted as an answer. However, the downstream problems in analyzing such answers usefully push me toward precluding them from the questionnaire in the first place. Perhaps the client will think otherwise. I will cross that bridge when we get there.

Arthur