[AccessD] Storing Rich Text

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Dec 3 16:46:14 CST 2006

Sorry to change the subject, but I just read the previous stuff on this before leaving the house this morning and I can't
remember what Subject the messages had.  I'm now working from a different machine.

Rich Text is just text with formatting instructions (similar to HTML). It can be stored in a text or memo field without any
problems.  If you have a Rich Text aware control it will display just fine on an Access form or report.

I've sent a demo offline to Susan.  It contains RTF data pasted into a Memo field from a simple document created in Wordpad.
This RTF data displays fine with the standard MS Rich Text Control.

The only hard part  about working with RTF fields is editing them within your application. You need to be able to select parts of
the text in a control on a form and apply attributes to the selection.  This is usually done with a lot of code behind a standard
MS Rich Text Box control and custom menus or buttons to apply the various attributes to selected text.  Lebans example is a
good one.