[AccessD] WORKGROUP FILES

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Dec 8 14:38:27 CST 2006

I still need help figuring out what workgroup file a user belongs to and how
to join a different workgroup.  I am trying to test problems connecting to a
SQL Server source at my client.  My admin user can connect, users can't.  Si
I had them create me a "user" on my desktop that I can log into rather
logging in as the admin.  That works, but when I try to open any access
database, I get an error "database in use or no permissions" or something
similar.  It sure looks like an MDW problem, but I just can't figure out how
I discover the physical location of the mdw file that the admin user belongs
to, and then how to cause my new "user" to join that workgroup.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting