[AccessD] A2000: Run from Command line

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Sun Dec 17 21:32:23 CST 2006

Hi All

>From a form - I am building a string that I want to 'send' to a command line
then I want the string to 'execute' from that command line

So - Building the string is no big deal and I have done that

Once I have built the string though - how do I then get it to execute from a
command line?

EG Final String may look like this (It's running an in house Ruby Program BTW -
but that all works fine - no issues)

C:\cool_ruby_app.rb -t TA -a sqlserver  -h CoolServer -d CooldB -u username -p
PW_HERE -i 10075

If I open a command line (START|RUN|CMD) from the Root folder of the C:\ Drive
and manually type the above line it all works cool and I get what I expect to
get

How do I just get it to the command line in the first place and then get it to
run?

Rather than type this line each time to produce what I want to produce - I want
to set up a loop (that works too by the way) and output each line of the loop to
a command line

Make sense?

Many thanks in advance

DD