[AccessD] slow database after update Mcafee Security Shield 11

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.eu
Mon Dec 18 06:14:41 CST 2006

One of my application at a customer site is running terrybly slow after
an McAfee Security Shield 11 update.

Closing a form (most used), that saves severall records when closing,
freeses for +/ 60 seconds.
Disabling the Virusscanner let the app running  at normal speed again
again, closing the form just takes 1 second instead of 60.
I turned of "Scan all files"  but this does not help, further more I
don't seem to find a Excluded file type anymore in Mcafee, so I cant
exclude MDB's.

No luck finding a solution at McAfee KB but I see some other users
complaining about slowness since this update.

Does anybody has a solution for this, the scanner is now off, in the
espectation McAfee will release an update soon.

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

Nieuwe internetwinkel op www.ithelps.be/shop
<http://www.ithelps.be/shop>

www.ithelps.be/onsgezin

bezoek ook eens de website van mijn zus www.friedacraps.be
<http://www.friedacraps.be/>

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>