[AccessD] Storing Rich Text

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sun Dec 3 17:27:22 CST 2006

I haven't gotten your demo! I look forward to it! Does the demo already have
the code behind it for selecting and applying fonts to sections of text?

Susan H.

Sorry to change the subject, but I just read the previous stuff on this
before leaving the house this morning and I can't remember what Subject the
messages had.  I'm now working from a different machine.

Rich Text is just text with formatting instructions (similar to HTML). It
can be stored in a text or memo field without any problems.  If you have a
Rich Text aware control it will display just fine on an Access form or
report.

I've sent a demo offline to Susan.  It contains RTF data pasted into a Memo
field from a simple document created in Wordpad.
This RTF data displays fine with the standard MS Rich Text Control.

The only hard part  about working with RTF fields is editing them within
your application. You need to be able to select parts of the text in a
control on a form and apply attributes to the selection.  This is usually
done with a lot of code behind a standard MS Rich Text Box control and
custom menus or buttons to apply the various attributes to selected text.
Lebans example is a good one.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.