[AccessD] XML Import - successful!!!!

Greg Smith gwsmith at iowatelecom.net
Mon Dec 4 13:54:09 CST 2006

Shamil:

Well, thanks!  (to everyone who helped too) for starters.
Actually, it was the 4th example of the sample db that you sent me that I
finally got to work.  Yes, the v6 of msxml would work here too, but I
had another complication that was making it fail on example #4.  One
of the elements in the xml that I was trying to export using, turns out to
be a reserved word in Access.  Would not create an error, just
wouldn't import the data.  DUH on me I guess.  Once I got past
that hump, I could extract any attributes within any elements in my XML
file.  And it works to any depth of elements, and it works if there
are no line breaks (just the whole file being a single string).

So a GIANT thanks is in order.

My only caveat now is that I have to change that keyword (which occurs
about 3 times in the file) in the text file BEFORE I try to import
it...

Thanks again!!

Greg