[AccessD] Cost Rollup Logic Using Lower Level Code

Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Tue Dec 5 08:20:53 CST 2006

Joe:

>From the APICS dictionary: "LOW LEVEL CODE - Identifies the lowest level in
any bill of material at which a particular component may appear. Net
requirements for a given component are not calculated until all the gross
requirements for that level have been calculated down to that level.  Low
level codes are normally calculated and maintained automatically by the
computer software."

I use a level code in my BOM Processor - level zero is the component level -
and the levels are assigned during the cost roll up process. So I'm not
using the level code in the standard way.  I had to design a bit of a
different approach to the cost roll-up and MRP calculating algorithm in
order to make it fast enough to run on an original IBM PC AT even though it
had that huge 10MB hard drive and ran at a blazing 5MHz.

Rocky