[AccessD] Runtime error '2424' - do I care? should I care?

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Thu Dec 7 10:49:52 CST 2006

Susan, wildcards are specific to libraries. For instance, VBA uses * and ?,
and ADO uses % and _, respectively.

Can you show us the code and tell us which statement is causing the error?

Susan H.

Check the order of references............are they the same on all machines,
or is this machine behind on patches?

One computer in our office keeps giving this error message when running a
search of a zip code field (using a wildcard).  I've never had it happen to
me, so I don't know how to look for the problem.  If you choose End, it
finds what you're searching for.  The other option is Debug.  Haven't gone
there because I don't know what I'd do when I got there.  Waiting for the
error to come up again and I'll see what happens on Debug.  It's not
consistently appearing and I can't replicate it on my computer no matter how
I copy her searches.  Could the error be specific to that computer?  I know
it shouldn't be happening, but that doesn't necessarily translate into
something I need to focus on while busy with other projects.  Do I need to
spend time looking into this?  Thanks for any help!
Susan Jones

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.