[AccessD] Clipboard Warning Message

Thu Dec 7 13:22:47 CST 2006

Ahhhh. Now I see...

I has assumed ("makes an ass out of u and me") that we were talking about a
favored user with full access (such as yourself) who was manually running
queries, and copying data and pasting. It did not occur to silly me that we
were talking about automated copy/paste operations that the regular users
were performing.

Personally I avoid those kind of problems by using TransferText to export
query result into Excel instead of copying and pasting. For quick one-off
questions I write the query and copy/paste myself. So I know that it's OK to
just discard the clipboard at the end.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Bartow
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 1:05 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Clipboard Warning Message

Lambert,
I don't think you're missing the point. Apparently some people are just more
easily irritated than you ;o)

I just clear the clipboard after they use my icons to paste. Basically its
VBA that says paste then clear. If they paste into a different app they have
to deal with windows. But for the most my  end users click mini-icons I add
to the app. I also add shortcut menu items to do the same. I also have some
copy/paste commands that format the pasted item into particular formats like
phone numbers with the (nnn) nnn-nnnn format or standard label address
formats etc.

Little end user niceties :o)

<snip>