[AccessD] WORKGROUP FILES

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri Dec 8 18:05:13 CST 2006

The error messages and the whole scenario sounds a lot like what we run
into on occasion when a client IT department simply will NOT believe
that users need full permissions to the folder in which the database
lives.  Under best circumstances, a single user can log in and work, but
since there is no permission to create or delete the ldb file, no one
else can log in until that one user leaves ... Even though no one has
logged in exclusive.  What they should do is set up a workgroup file
that is copied to each user's machine or terminal server folder, or
whatever.  It should map the same on all desktops and their shortcut to
the application should include the path to the appropriate workgroup.

Charlotte Foust