[AccessD] More on vbCr, vbLf, VbNewLine, and vbCrLf

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 12:29:14 CST 2006

I just checked HELP in A97 and A2K and could find no reference to vbNewLine
in A2K.  I found it in HELP A97.  I tested and can use in both.  I can't
test past 97.  Below is the help from 97...Hope it helps. Not sure why the
or here(vbNewLine	Chr(13) + Chr(10) or Chr(13))

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte

The following constants are defined in the Visual Basic for Applications
type library and can be used anywhere in your code in place of the actual
values:

Constant	Equivalent	Description
vbCrLf	Chr(13) + Chr(10)	Carriage return–linefeed combination
vbCr	Chr(13)	Carriage return character
vbLf	Chr(10)	Linefeed character
vbNewLine	Chr(13) + Chr(10) or Chr(13)	Platform-specific new line character;
whichever is appropriate for current platform
vbNullChar	Chr(0)	Character having value 0
vbNullString	String having value 0	Not the same as a zero-length string
(""); used for calling external procedures
vbTab	Chr(9)	Tab character
vbBack	Chr(8)	Backspace character
vbFormFeed	Chr(12)	Not useful in Microsoft Windows
vbVerticalTab	Chr(11)	Not useful in Microsoft Windows