[AccessD] Excel tip of the day

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Fri Dec 15 12:22:20 CST 2006

Keith,

Actually, F4 cycles from completely static, to static row only, to static
column only, to all dynamic, and then continues to through the cycle
again. You can use it when first entering a cell reference (either by
point-and-click or type it in), but you can also use it by clicking (or
arrowing) into any cell reference within a formula. Also, if you have a
whole range selected (e.g., e4:e20), it works on both ends of it.

Thomas F. Ewald
FCS Database Manager
General Dynamics Land Systems

Just ran across this...don't know if anyone else knew of it.  When you
want to have static cell references....so you want to put "$"s around the
cell reference...such as:  $C$1.......just click on the cell reference (in
your formula)....and click F4.  It automatically puts BOTH $'s around the
reference.   I never knew that before...so I am passing that on.  Very
handy!

Regards,

Keith E. Williamson

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.