[AccessD] SQL and Vista

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Dec 17 08:41:11 CST 2006

On 17 Dec 2006 at 3:36, artful at rogers.com wrote:

> According to this story
> (http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/14/magazines/business2/microsoft_vista.biz2/in
> dex.htm), SQL Server won't run on Vista at least until MS serves up a patch.
>
> Has anyone independently verified that the content of this story is true?
> Unfortunately I cannot verify it since I don't yet have a copy of Vista
> other than the beta.

Microsft says that SQL Server isn't supported until SP2.
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/sqlonvista.mspx
"In an effort to provide customers with more secure products, Microsoft
Windows Server "Longhorn" and Microsoft Windows Vista will only support SQL
Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later when it becomes available."

At this stage they have released SP2 Community Technology Preview (CTP) but
there is no indication of when the actual SP2 will be available.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913089
--
Stuart