[AccessD] Unbound forms

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Dec 19 15:30:52 CST 2006

Why bother to lock fields on an unbound form?  Does the Edit button do
something special? If you must, just cycle through the controls and for
that particular type of control, set its Locked property to true.
Without using a separate class, you can still build collections of
controls types and step through the collections setting the property to
true or false.  A quick and dirty alternative would be to put a
transparent control over the form and use code to make it "visible" when
you want the data controls unavailable.   Not knowing what exactly you
intend to demonstrate, I can't make really useful suggestions.  I do
have a few demos on Roger's Access site that use unbound forms, but I
don't think any of them lock the controls.
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Foust,Charlotte

Charlotte Foust