[AccessD] Database Advisors lists

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Dec 21 10:52:08 CST 2006

No, not Woody's, I wouldn't do that to the good people over there! :o)

I have a list of Access lists that I used to be involved with where people
apparently give advice for their ego's sake alone rather than doing it to
help out a fellow developer and getting warm & fuzzy for doing so (like the
folks on our lists) Eww, didn't need to put that image in my mind ;o)
I really have always gotten the impression from folks here that they
genuinely like to help others. Of course one can get a bit of a self image
boost from doing so but I don't see the attitude here that makes that a
priority. The debates we have aren't necessarily about ego - they're about
educating.

The advice on the other lists wasn't bad advice just rude and arrogant. I
would post the same question to all of the lists sometimes just to see the
difference in response and attitude. I used to have nicknames for my lists
so my wife would know which I was talking about. The mean list, the snob
list, the nice list. Can you guess which one was the nice list?

I used to be on Woody's (I may even still be subscribed?) but the forum
format doesn't work out for very good. Is Helen still doing the job there?

Oh, BTW a disclaimer: Nothing I have stated above applies to the DBA-OT list
:o)