[AccessD] Updateable Access Forms Bound to ADO Recordsets

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 22 22:50:37 CST 2006

Hi Dan:

I have done most of my Access work with direct ADO-OLE connecting to MS SQL
and Oracle databases since 1997. Performance increases are on another
magnitude.

Some jobs that would take an hour could be reduced to seconds by not using
pass-through queries, ODBC drivers... and never using DAO MDB databases
except to stash temporary local data.

Note; that the MS article is describing an ADP type database and as far as I
know that technology has a tenuous future... though my knowledge on its
survival may not be current or complete and some other member may have
further comment.

HTH
Jim

PS I have rarely used bound forms