[AccessD] DB Corruption, Memo field?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Dec 28 04:22:28 CST 2006

Hi Larry

Perhaps you could attach the table from a new db.
The create a query

  SELECT TOP n * FROM tblTable
  ORDER BY ID ASC

Narrow n down to return as many records as possible.
Now reverse it to pick from the bottom:

  SELECT TOP n * FROM tblTable
  ORDER BY ID DESC

The combined output from these two queries should retrieve all but the corrupted record(s).

/gustav

>>> lmrazek at lcm-res.com 28-12-2006 03:39 >>>
Hi Folks:

Using Access XP/2002

I'm currently troubleshooting a corruption issue that I think I've narrowed
down to a specific table in my DB (we'll call it tblAnnoyance <G>), as I can
import / export every other table in the db without any problems except
"tblAnnoyance".

Thus far, I've tried all of the built-in tools (Compact and Repair, the Jet
Utility), with no luck ... The compact gets to a certain point and then
Access shuts down.

I've also tried to browse the table to see if I can find any errors, but
once I get to a certain point, the db shuts down as well. I've found that if
I delete a memo field in the table (tblAnnoyance) using a copy of the
database, the Access will compact and repair. So I guess the problem is with
the specific memo field, but I really don't want to have to delete the
field, since I've been having problems copying data from the field as well.

Any hints as to where I should go from here?

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com
lmrazek at lcm-res.com