[AccessD] Save as Text

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 31 18:49:37 CST 2006

I think Microsoft did it this way in oder to save all DAP's,
relationships, references,
tables and command menus. It would require a boatload of code to do this
in text files. So it just saves them to a basic mdb file with everything
else stripped out
like forms and queries. It achieves the same result as text file but
simpler.
You could export the tables as say a csv text file but that has it's own
problems
dropping formatting to only two decimal places and handling of binary
OLE fields.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.