[AccessD] Make table query fails

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Mon Feb 13 15:34:56 CST 2006

When I try to run the following query I get a message of invalid
argument. When I try to view the results in datasheet view it work fine.
What might be going wrong? I tried writing the results to a different
table with no success. No I did not write this ugly query - I was given
it. Thanks for ideas.

SELECT [Funky Ptrn and Wells to Alloc].CO2PAT, [Funky Ptrn and Wells to
Alloc].CO2PAT_SDate, [Funky Ptrn and Wells to Alloc].Well_in_CO2PAT,
[Funky Ptrn and Wells to Alloc].Well_in_CO2PAT_API, ConfigMaster.PID AS
Other_Pattern, Right(ConfigMaster!PID,Len(ConfigMaster!PID)-4) AS
Other_Pattern_as_Well, Constants!SDate AS Other_Pattern_SDate,
SurfaceMaster.PID AS Other_Pattern_as_Well_API INTO [Funky Temp Other
Ptrn to Alloc]

FROM SurfaceMaster, [Funky Ptrn and Wells to Alloc]

INNER JOIN (ConfigMaster INNER JOIN Constants ON ConfigMaster.PID =
Constants.PID) ON [Funky Ptrn and Wells to Alloc].Well_in_CO2PAT_API =
ConfigMaster.ChildPID

WHERE (((ConfigMaster.PID) Like "PAT*") AND
((Constants.Date)<#1/1/1960#) AND
((SurfaceMaster.Name)=Right([ConfigMaster]![PID],Len([ConfigMaster]![PID
])-4)))

ORDER BY [Funky Ptrn and Wells to Alloc].CO2PAT, [Funky Ptrn and Wells
to Alloc].Well_in_CO2PAT,
Right(ConfigMaster!PID,Len(ConfigMaster!PID)-4);

Chester Kaup

Engineering Technician

Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, LLP

Office (432) 688-3797

FAX (432) 688-3799

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large