[AccessD] Sub Report not going into Two Columns

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Sun Feb 26 23:07:11 CST 2006

Cross Posted Access D, Access L

Access XP.

I have a report which is a long column of text boxes with the text
entered into the control source. Because different printers format
reports slightly differently I have made the boxes shorter than the
text warrants and have set the can grow property on for all the text
boxes.  There are no records associated with this report.

I have set the Page Setup .. Number of columns to 2 and when I view
the report the text boxes flow over two columns.  The full report is
two pages long.

However, when I use the report as a subreport for another main report
then the text boxes remain in one column.  I have checked help and it
suggests changing the column order to across then down.  I have tried
this but it doesn't make any difference (I guess because there are no records).

Apart from physically placing the text boxes in two columns, does
anyone know how I can get them to flow properly?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
999 Moonshine Rd, RD 1