[AccessD] IBM DB2 Express-C free to use

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 1 12:33:14 CST 2006

DB2 has been around since 1982. Actually there were two of them
SQL/DS ran on the VSE and VM operating systems. It came to market in the
early 1980s.
A little later, IBM also introduced DB2, another SQL-based DBMS, this
one for the MVS operating system.
The two products have coexisted since then; however, SQL/DS was
rebranded as "DB2 for VM and VSE" in the late 1990s.

I have been a plebe Cobol programmer using DB2 in the late 90's, never
allowed near the actual live or test databases. The DBA's
all seemed to have British knighthood's like the GCMG; some people say
the various levels of the Cross of Michael and St. George
actually stands for CMG -call me god, KCMG kindly call me god: GCMG god
calls me god.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.